NEWTON, NC (Sept. 28, 2015) – The Newton Parks and Recreation Department is now registering players for youth basketball and indoor soccer.
For youth basketball, registration continues through Friday, Nov. 6. To be eligible for participation, players must be at least 4 years old before the final day of registration and cannot have turned 16 before Aug. 31, 2015.
Youth basketball leagues will be available for boys and girls ages 4-16. Registration is limited in each league; once a league is full, registrants will be placed on a waiting list.
For youth indoor soccer, registration continues through Friday, Nov. 27. All players must be at least 7 years old before the final day of registration and cannot turn 16 before Oct. 15, 2015.
This year’s co-ed soccer leagues include boys and girls ages 7-16.
To register for either youth sport, each child must meet the following requirements:
- Submit a completed registration card signed by parent/guardian.
- Have a birth certificate on file with the Recreation Department.
- Have emergency medical treatment and consent forms on file and notarized.
- Have a signed parental code of ethics on file.
- Proof of residency is required. If applicable, pay a $30 non-resident fee (non-refundable) and return any loaned equipment from a previous sport.
For more information, contact the Newton Parks and Recreation Department at 828-695-4317.