Code Enforcement Officer Jon Raines take law enforcement oath!
Officer Jon Raines recently completed the Basic Law Enforcement Training required to become a sworn law enforcement officer. He will be able now to assume the responsibilities of a police officer while simultaneously executing his duties as code enforcement officer.
Thank you Mr. Harold Lynch for your support of law enforcement!
CAUTION!!! IRS Tax Scam
Many area residents are falling prey to scammers pretending to be from the IRS. To protect yourself, please remember these tips provided by North Carolina Attorney General, Roy Cooper.
- The IRS will never call and demand immediate payment, require you to provide payment information over the phone, or demand that you use a specific payment method, such as a prepaid debit card.
- No legitimate tax collector will threaten to arrest you or send law enforcement officers to your home if you refuse to pay taxes over the telephone.
- If you believe you may owe taxes, hang up and call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or visit your local office.
- Report the call to the Attorney General's Office by filling a consumer complaint at www.ncdoj.gov.
- You can also report the incident to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) at 1-800-366-4484 or at www.tigta.gov.
- If you have fallen victim to the scam or are considering responding to one of these calls, call the Attorney General's Office at 1-877-5-NO-SCAM.
Information provided by the North Carolina Department of Justice