Newton works to make establishing new service as simple as possible for our customers. Guidelines for establishing new service are below.
- New services require a completed Utility Service Agreement along with a lease or closing documents (if purchasing property), valid United States issued driver’s license or identification, Social Security card and deposit. The name on a lease or closing documents must match the name of the person applying for service.
- Deposits are determined by services provided.
- All services offered by the City for a property location must be activated.
- New services are accepted 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday in the Customer Service Department at City Hall. Our office is located at 401 North Main Ave.
- If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or at (828) 695-4301.