Customers whose electric service is provided by the City of Newton may be eligible to receive a rebate in the amount of $400 per heat pump unit purchased and installed after January 1, 2001.
- Minimum efficiency rating of 15 SEER
- Minimum capacity of 1 ton and maximum capacity of 5 tons
- Multiple heat pumps at one location are eligible
- Customer must apply for the rebate through the City of Newton by providing the following information:
- Proof of purchase (receipt) from dealer/manufacturer
- Rebate Request Form must be completed with all information pertaining to the heat pump:
- Customer signature under Section 6 of the form
- Installer must complete and sign Section 5 of form prior to City processing.
- Copy of the AHRI form (this should be provided by the installer)
The entire process takes approximately 4-6 weeks. The 4-6 week period does not begin until the City has received all required information. A check will be mailed directly to the customer.
Rebates are subject to funding availability.
Click here for the Rebate Request Form.