The City of Newton offers a $500 rebate is to promote the use of the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star building practices in the construction of new residential homes.
- Single-family residential homes constructed after January 1, 2009
- Rebates are only available to qualifying builders who have had a certified HERS rater qualify the home as "Energy Star"
- To find a certified HERS rate, visit the Residential Energy Services Network at www.resnet.us
- A certificate of occupancy must be issued
- Must apply for rebate within six months of completion
- Must apply for rebate through the City of Newton, providing the following information:
- Proof of purchase (receipt) from dealer/manufacturer
- Copy of Energy Star Certificate (must have index of 85 or lower)
- Energy Star Rebate Request Form must be complete
- W9 Form must be provided for rebate
The entire process takes approximately 4-6 weeks. The 4-6 week period does not begin until the City has received all required information. A check will be mailed directly to the customer.
Rebates are offered on a first-come, first-served basis as funding is available each year.
Click here for the Energy Star New Home Rebate Form.