Newton adopted its first strategic growth plan in 2015 with the goal of helping Newton City Council, City staff, and residents work together to establish a vision for Newton’s future with concrete objectives to be accomplished over time. In 2019, the City renewed its dedication to strategic planning with bold, new initiatives that reflect and build on the progress being made throughout Newton.
You may view the complete Newton Strategic Growth Plan and Newton Economic Development Strategic Plan or click below to view action items developed in the plans.
- Economic Development
- Thriving Business and Entrepreneurs
- Infrastructure to Support Economic Growth
- Inventory of Business Space for New and Expanding Businesses
- A Vibrant Downtown
- Amenities that Will Attract Residents and Tourists
- Market Newton as a Choice Location for Business, People, and Tourists
- Downtown Newton
- Community Appearance and Image
- Growth Management
- Transportation and Mobility
- City Utilities
- Public Safety
- Internal Operations